Monday, August 13

*Sigh* Nathan Fillion *Sigh*

Cinematical's Scott Weinberg recently posted a story that is close to my heart. It concerns Nathan Fillion and how the guy just can't catch a break, which is what the post is titled.

I LOVE Nathan Fillion. I even watched White Noise 2 for him, though I hate "horror" movies. But his "big breaks" never pan out the way they should. Firefly alone should have done something for him, especially after the movie Serenity...but nothing besides a couple indie movies like Waitress, which I really want to see, and Slither, which was really funny despite it being classified in the "horror" genre.

Nathan could be the next great action hero. He has great comedic timing and looks great shooting at things. Plus that smile...*sigh* oh, the smile. (Sorry, I had to take a second to collect myself.)

What it all comes down to is this: Nathan needs a great role that will make him that next great action hero. What I don't understand is someone like Chris Tucker making "blockbuster" movies when he stopped being funny 5 years ago and studios making more sequels to Indiana Jones, Rocky, and Die Hard when the lead actors are well past their prime (we're talking 10+ years here). Studio executives need to wise up and figure out they need some new blood. Enter Nathan with his delightful charm and witty banter down pat. He's got the goods. Now he just needs the "role of a lifetime," which I hope comes soon because I want everyone to fall in love with him just like I did. Yes, he's that good. And if you don't believe me just watch him in Firefly. I'll let you borrow the series. You owe yourself to watch this series.

Oh, and some interesting news I just learned on the "Nathan making it big" front: He's 'in talks' to join Desperate Housewives this upcoming new season. I might actually start watching the show again just to see him on screen. *I do love him, so can you blame me?*

Anyway, that's enough information for one day. Just keep a lookout for this guy. He's going to be big, or I swear I will swear off movies altogether. That's a huge swear off for me, which you would know if you've been around me for more than a second or seen my movie collection.

More coming later.

No comments: